Pavement Drive Assist

by Arcitos

Introduces a driver assistance system that autonomously follows paved roads, while maintaining a preset cruise speed if desired.

Utilities
4 years ago
0.14 - 0.18

i Compatibility with Vehicle Snap?

Would it be possible to make this mod compatible with Vehicle Snap? All I want is something simple, like when I hit K to turn on PDA, it shuts off Vehicle Snap, then Vehicle Snap comes back on when I hit K again to shut off PDA.

7 years ago

Yes, i think it would be possible. Two things are needed for this to happen: PDA has to be extended with an interface for mod-2-mod communication and the author of Vehicle Snap has to implement some kind of switch in his mod that recognises toggling the driving assistant on or off. Another option: Integrating Vehicle Snaps abilities into PDA, but i dont want to cannibalise other mods.
Either way, its on my to-do list.

Alright, I'll go post on that mod.

I also noticed that if I switch off PDA in the mod list and later switch it back on (if I've saved my game while it was off), then I must re-research PDA.

7 years ago

If you delete a mod (or deactivate it) it will be completely removed from your savegame. Including all techs. You could circumvent this by switching "techology_needed" to off.

7 years ago

Hi, i'm author for VehicleSnap. It would be difficult to make a mod-integrated key to toggle snapping for player. The mod is multiplayer compatible, so we might need a boolean player table. I don't mind it if you were to include code from my mod. Maybe it would be easier that way. One shouldn't need to install 2 different mods for vehicle control, it doesn't sound like a good idea.

7 years ago

Hi Zaflis, thanks for your offer, i will keep that in mind. In the recent version i added interface functions, to get or set the state for PDA. If you like, simply add a check routine in your mod's main routine to prevent activation if a player is using the driving assistant. On this way you hook into PDA, without needing to implement own control keys.

7 years ago

VehicleSnap now has a customizable hotkey to turn snapping on/off.

7 years ago

Hi Zaflis, the mod now works fine in combination with yours!

I'm liking it! I am using both mods now and I don't even have to switch Vehicle Snap off to use PDA!

6 years ago

Thank you two for cooperating and making these great vehicle mods compatible.

New response