Modder's Science Pack

by OwnlyMe

Adds a science pack for technologies added by mods

Tweaks
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Automation research require mod science pack?

4 years ago

Is the automation research supposed to require the modders science pack?
Hovering over it it says "Base mod > Modder's science pack" and require 1 red and 1 mod.

I thought this would only affect research added by mods?

4 years ago

seems like they changed the vanilla technologies in 0.18
i updated the list...
hope you enjoy

4 years ago

Wow, that was a very fast response.

However, automation research still require modders science pack after update.
Tried disable/enable the mod and starting a new game just to check.

4 years ago

are you playing 0.18?
i assume you updated the mod :D
no idea.. maybe you have some mod installed that changes the name of the automation research
in my game, it works...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have 0.18 experimental.
Yes updated the mod to 0.18.3.

None of my other mods changes the automation research as far as I know.
When I disable this mod, the automation research don't have any blue text connected to other mods.

Hovering over the entity in crafting, the assembly machines show "Base mod > lightorio > picker tweaks", but there are other entities, like oil refinery and chemical plant, showing the same that don't need the mod science for their connected research.

4 years ago

it only checks for the name, not whether the technology was changed in any way, but i have no idea how i can help you, except releasing another mod that scans vanilla techs before anything else was loaded..

4 years ago

I found the culprit.
I have "Reverse Factory" installed, and it changes something apparently.
It have the electric furnace sprite, but in the crafting menu it's placed in the same row as assembling machines.
It have it's own research, but it require automation to be researched before.

Not sure why it's causing this issue though...

4 years ago

he wasn't using deepcopy for his technologies so they were linked...
now it should work

4 years ago

Awesome! Works now. :)
Super fast response and fix, thanks!

Have another bug, but it's just visual/text.
When hovering over the pixel ore, the name reads -Unknown key: "entity-name.pixels"-.
It doesn't bother me, it's just so you are aware of it. Might be some other of my mods causing this as far as I know.

Again, thanks for the quick fix and effort! :)

4 years ago

its intentional ;)
i also wanted to create rocks with animated graphical glitches but it was too hard..
but maybe i'll create some kind of matrix text above the supercomputers or miners

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ah I see. :)

Thanks for awesome mods btw!
Just realized that you're the one that fixed inlaid lamps. The original mod with the graphical rendering glitch, where the player appears behind the light, annoyed me so badly that I deleted it.

Turret shields are also sweet. Caused a little bit of panic when the coal supply run dry and lost power. Starting up the factory again was not easy having a ton of shields trying to charge the instant power was back on and crashing the power again. I love it though! :D I hate it when mods make it to easy or unbalanced.

4 years ago

thank you :)

New response