zero318's Module Extension

by zero318

Adds new modules to Bob's Modules that extend gameplay. Settings are included to enable shiny graphics, enable new module types, adjust the balance of god modules, and adjust the colors of certain modules. All features and options can be toggled individually. Includes integrated compatibility with Artisanal Reskins.

2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g v0.18

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

How is v0.18 going?, You told me you want to rework the mod for better integration with bob's and angels.

Until that, I have an stable v0.18 version of your mod (that also has the purple module bug fixed), mind if I upload it temporarily?, If you prefer i can give it to you, and you upload it yourself

3 years ago

Honestly, I haven't really gotten around to looking at Factorio lately. It's been a combination of indecision over how to handle the graphical changes, too much ambition, not enough motivation, and distraction from other things. Sorry about that. ^_^;

Fortunately it does appear that Bob/Angel have made most of their 0.18 changes, so it's about time I started working on improving things. Trying to figure out a good balance for god modules with Angel's components is going to be... interesting.

I wouldn't mind you uploading your fixed version if it would automatically update for existing users, but I'm pretty sure that's only possible by uploading a new version of the existing mod. However, I also don't want to try and take credit for someone else's work. Normally I'd give credit in the mod portal description, but I'm pretty sure most people don't actually read those. Hopefully I can get a basic 0.18 version running today and it'll be a moot point.

3 years ago

I really dont care about the credit, I must admit I have other reasons for wating my version to be uploaded, right now, theres a modder making graphics for bobs mods, and they are pretty cool. This guy is focusing on the modules right now, and I wanted to ask him if he could make graphics for this modules (this mod would not be modified, rather that guys mod would have a sof deppendency on yours), but for that I need a 18 version of this mod to be uploaded.

all that if you agree on this guy making those graphics

3 years ago

(not my version, just a 18 version)

3 years ago
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

about my mod, the only changes I made were setting the multiplier of the purple module to 8 (that fixes the bug), and changing the factorio version, if you are planing on adding a provisional 18 version yourself, just change those two things, itll be fine for now

3 years ago

Hopefully I can have a basic 0.18 version up later today. Currently setting up the new prototype data related to beacon graphics.

Regarding the other mod's graphics, my main concern would be whether or not their code would respect my convoluted set of graphics toggles for changing the colors of the modules and module pieces. I try to allow users to choose what they want in all of my mods, so I wouldn't want that to get overwritten.

3 years ago

As I said, this guy would not modify your mod, the changes would be on his, so even if that choice is removed, users can choose if they want to use that mod or not.

Also, once your mod is updated, Ill ask this guy if he can do it, if he can work on your modules, but he may say no, and this whole conversation would be pointless :)

3 years ago

I think I've got everything updated now, just need to go through and test each thing in a few different ways before uploading it.

If the other mod author doesn't want to support my mod directly in his code, perhaps he'd at least be willing to have "spare" colors of modules included in his own mod for others to use. I could implement compatibility on my end quite easily if he merely includes red/orange/purple/pink/gray versions of the 8 lamp module graphics.

3 years ago

Ill ask him as soon as you release the 18 version

3 years ago

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497860215010754560/723660446434983946/adjusted-prod-mod.png

This is a (theoretically) final version of this guys graphics (looks the same as before, but its not, I personally like this version better)

3 years ago

BTW, if you want to talk to this goy yourself you can join the discord server

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/omnimatter_fluid/discussion

go there, and click the link to discord, that takes you to the discord server. The graphics stuff is being discussed in the bobs-mods-feedback section

3 years ago

Okay, it's tested and uploaded now.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello, thank you for your update. Can you also update this one please ? Even if it's not your mod. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AutomaticLogisticChest/discussion

New response