Keniras Random Recipes

by Kenira

Randomizes recipes (amount of ingredients and products, crafting time) as well as many other things that can be toggled individually like belt speed, crafting speeds, energy consumption, weapon damage...

a month ago
0.15 - 1.1

g crashes with space exploration

1 year, 6 months ago

this mod crashes with space exploration. had a chat in the space exploration discord, and the randomizer is causing things to not work right. the rocket in the cargo rocket silo wont launch, without disabling randomize inventory sizes you cant even place down the rocket silo (since space exploration assumes in several places the rocket has 500 inventory slots) and i've been told more things will go awry. i love this randomizer because it has given me so many unique challenges. but these ones arent ones i can circumvent with more resources.

1 year, 6 months ago

You mentioned there are other problems too. If you can give me a list of all the problems i can look into them. I'd love to try and make the mod compatible with SE but i don't have the time for like a full playthrough to ensure compatibility.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Also please provide a screenshot or transcription of the error message(s).

1 year, 6 months ago

this image (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1031026695773372436/1031199227432415362/unknown.png) is what the space exploration cargo rocket silo shows when i try to make the rocket. in the discord it said their best guess was that the randomizer changed the rocket recipe so the silo couldnt build rocket. i had to turn off random inventory sizes because of this image (https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1031026695773372436/1031026695949533244/unknown.png) where space exploration had a fit because of the inventory size being not 500. those two bugs are the only ones i encountered, but the peeps over in the SE discord said more bugs will occur. so far i couldnt get to space to encounter anymore. if you want to watch the bug i streamed the entire thing on my twitch channel and the vod should show it all (here is the link to the vod: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1625430716)

1 year, 6 months ago

if your in the SE discord and want to see the convo for yourself, its a forum in the bugs forum channel. and the forum post is titled "non-recoverable error when placing down cargo rocket silo"

1 year, 6 months ago

poked around a bit in the files. it appears your not checking if a recipe is "hidden" or not. you shouldnt touch hidden recipes because in some cases like the one im having with SE ... is that it cant build a thing. you should check if a recipe is marked as hidden before modifing it.

1 year, 6 months ago

so. i did more poking around into how mods are made. would it be possible to initalize your config in the data stage instead of when you use it in the data-final-fixes stage so mods that may encounter issues with it can modify your blacklist table to add their mods conflicting recipes?

1 year, 6 months ago

That sounds like a good idea.
a) moved config to data stage so mods can add items to the blacklists
b) while at it, overhauled blacklist logic to work better & is easier to use. mods can now add items to the blacklist in the data-update stage
c) added setting to not randomize hidden entities

As said, let us know if anything else breaks.

New response