Keniras Random Recipes

by Kenira

Randomizes recipes (amount of ingredients and products, crafting time) as well as many other things that can be toggled individually like belt speed, crafting speeds, energy consumption, weapon damage...

a month ago
0.15 - 1.1

b rand_ammo hard coded to false

2 years ago

config.lua .. line 26 .. this setting is not taking the value from the "mod settings page" because its been commented out.

rand_ammo = false --settings.startup["keniras-random-recipes-ammo"].value

there is also no "locale" string for the mod setting

2 years ago

Thanks for the report, fixed in the new version - had forgotten about that. Let me know if you encounter any issues; that was a bit messy to finish setting up.

2 years ago

I was looking to do a community map that combines your mod and "https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ZRecipeRandomizer".

Some additional asks ...
- Can you add an option in your mod to prevent the changing of quantities for ingredients & results?
- I like how your mod changes all the entity attributes, but combined with the other mod I would like to prevent the quantities from being changed.

• For equipment grids, can add an option to maintain their min size to match their original size?
2 years ago

I assumed you wanted avoiding randomizing the recipes altogether - implemented an option that'll go live with the next version to not touch recipes at all and neither change ingredients, products, or the required craft time.

I don't understand what you mean with the second point? To avoid changing quantities for certain entities, you can choose "Custom" mode as "Randomization Mode" and then check all you want to randomize and leave out what you don't want randomized.

So if you want to randomize all properties except personal equipment items like armors, you choose "Custom" and then select all properties except "Randomize personal equipment".

New response