Wireless Power

by rainboy

Balanced UPS-friendly universal power transfer with Tesseracts.

Content
1 year, 18 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

g idea

11 months ago

i like this mod so far,
it is always on low power maybe because of the 1 mj buffer cant that be bumped up so there is no low power constantly ?

11 months ago

Not sure I understand what you mean. Tesseracts do not degrade 'smoothly' when not fully powered. That is, when there's not enough input, you'll get short periods of time where they provide full power and short periods of time when they provide no power. This is due to Factorio not allowing me to change the output flow limit on the fly and can't be easily fixed. It's not due to the buffer being too small. Did that answer your question?

11 months ago

i think so, it is just strange when i place 1 64mw downlink and it keep saying low power, when i have 20 uplink of 64mw aswel
if i place a accumulator in the area with a powerpole ofcourse i only get 10mw out of the 64mw cause of the low power my main base generate 30GW.
is this more clear what i mean ?

11 months ago

Teseracts also have a warmup period where they consume their full power for a period of time without uploading or downloading any of it. This was put in place to mitigate cheaty turret creep with tesseracts. During this warmup time, a downlink will show low power. Does your problem persist for long periods of time (eg, more than the 15 second warmup period)?

If that doesn't explain it, could you perhaps give me some screenshots so I can see what you're seeing?

8 months ago

how do i share screenshot's ? on this website
i can show you what i mean

8 months ago

I think you'd have to upload the screenshot somewhere else and give me a link here.

New response