Wireless Power

by rainboy

Balanced UPS-friendly universal power transfer with Tesseracts.

Content
1 year, 18 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

g Discussion: Tesseract Priority on the Electric Network

4 years ago

As the title suggests, I'm trying to evaluate the pros and cons of different priorities on the network. Right now, both input and output tesseracts have tertiary priority (same as accumulators) which means that they will not interrupt main base power on the input side, and will be lower priority than other power generation on the output side. However, this means that they cannot charge or be powered by regular accumulators. This will be a critical drawback to any base which is trying to be powered by solar, and may even cause some annoyance to other bases which try to use accumulators to prevent brownouts (eg, biter attack with laser turrets, etc).

From my point of view, there are three options:
1. Leave it like it is.
2. Change input tesseracts to be secondary input. This would make them draw power with the rest of the base, and force people to use power switches and circuit networks to prioritize base functionality.
3. Change all tesseracts to be secondary. This would have the same effect as 2, but additionally allow output tesseracts to charge accumulators at the remote base (at the cost of sharing generation with other generators)

Thoughts?

4 years ago

Pues no se que has echo, pero te lo has cargado. Da error...

4 years ago

First: Thanks for your mod, so far it has been very interesting and fun to play.
Second: The third option seems the better to send energy, but the tesseract has to be even more expensive, to justify the building of accumulator on site instead of tesseract donwlinks.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Pues no se que has echo, pero te lo has cargado. Da error...

Several of my updates lately have performed large overhauls of the transfer algorithms in control.lua which are incompatible with previous versions. I will not be providing migrations from previous versions while the mod is in beta, but if you're set on using the updated mod try removing the mod, resaving the game, and enabling the mod again.

Traducción aproximada usando el traductor de google:
Varias de mis actualizaciones últimamente han realizado grandes revisiones de los algoritmos de transferencia en control.lua que son incompatibles con versiones anteriores. No proporcionaré migraciones de versiones anteriores mientras el mod esté en versión beta, pero si está configurado para usar el mod actualizado, intente eliminarlo, volver a guardar el juego y habilitarlo nuevamente.

First: Thanks for your mod, so far it has been very interesting and fun to play.
Second: The third option seems the better to send energy, but the tesseract has to be even more expensive, to justify the building of accumulator on site instead of tesseract donwlinks.

I'm leaning that way myself at this point. What would you suggest as a reasonable expense? Would you make the recipe more expensive, or charge more for the transfer?

4 years ago

Looks like this will actually be much more difficult than I envisioned. Currently waiting to see what the devs will say:

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=64576&p=439758#p439758

4 years ago

I've switched to using electric-energy-interface instead of accumulator. This has achieved the effects I want (eg, using secondary priority), but at the cost of the entity no longer being animated. Still considering whether or not to bump the crafting cost to compensate. I'll probably try a playthrough with the mod soon and evaluate then.

4 years ago

Gracias, estaré atento a actualización. De momento me sigue sin funcionar.
Un saludo.

This thread has been locked.