Wind Turbines (Redux)

Animated wind turbines that turn into with the wind direction.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

b Issues with landfill

1 year, 2 months ago

Hey again,
Thanks for implementing my Space Exploration compatibility suggestion so quickly!
We have noticed a further pair of presumably related issues: 1) landfill cannot be placed within a certain radius of a wind turbine, and 2) wind turbines cannot be built on landfill. We are playing with Space Exploration and Krastorio 2.

1 year, 2 months ago

Not being able to place landfill is probably due to the nature of how the collision box is implemented. I am not sure I can do anything about that. As for being placeable on landfill I will look into it. I was also thinking about maybe making them placeable on water but I am not sure about that yet. That might also not look good with the current sprites.

1 year, 2 months ago

No worries, and thanks. The first issue is pretty easy to work around (just dismantle the wind turbine, place the landfill, and replace the turbine).

1 year, 2 months ago

Didn't think of this workaround before, but I tried it out today and it's kinda obvious in retrospect: the wind turbines can be built on landfill if the landfill is paved (such as with concrete or stone bricks). So that works out nicely for now.

4 months ago

What about changing "resource-layer" in all collision masks to some unused layer like "layer-14"? It fix issues with landfill, but allows turbines to be placed on resources.

27 days ago

That might work. https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/CollisionMask

Though for consistency I might have to think about how to do this properly. Thanks for pointing it out! I hope I can get back into Factorio modding soon.

New response