The Wickerbeast (Playable Character)

by Niran

Explore, build, mine, automate and kill as a Wickerbeast.

Tweaks
1 year, 5 months ago

i Selectable Colours?

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Hellos, me again :D

I'm sure purple is Des's favourite colour and I think it looks great, but did you have any plans to make it customizable with the /color command?

I'm trying to use my friend imagemagick to create a colour mask but I'm not super smart when it comes to graphics so I thought I'd ask first.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

On the front page i've listed Masks as not planned, including color masks, they would be a lot of work, i wouldn't know how to render them (not to mention it would require re-rendering every single frame again) and at the end they would look like a bad recolor considering that the Wicker was specifically made to be purple.

The armor on the other hand could be recolored (although it would be hardly visible). I'm also planning a new level 1 armor (an actual entire outfit) that could have multiple versions or colors but the main character simply won't look satisfying to just recolor. If anything i'd have to make a greyscale version (and tune that greyscale version to be colorable purple with the exact same outcome as it is now) and use that as base for recolors (stripes and eyes mainly come to mind as they offer the most logical recolor options).

Not sure if there would be an easy and cheap way of doing color masks that doesn't look bad.

1 year, 6 months ago

After trying some greyscale color masks the result was expected, i can get the body colors mostly close to the original but no matter what i do the different shades of purple and pink will never match up, i will either lose the pink or the purple. If the Wicker had more generic colors (black, grey white) it would work, with how the Wicker is currently made there is only two colors that work and look decent (purple and orange) and only if directly recolored via a hue change.

1 year, 5 months ago

Thank you for trying!

1 year, 5 months ago

I can look into armor color masks though, the armor has enough purple to have some visible recoloring.

New response