Weapon Bandoleer adds a new item to facilitate the use of more than 3 guns at once. This was made with mods like Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration in mind, as those mods add numerous weapons to the game.
I have gotten multiple reports of this mod causing crashes when trying to cycle to the previous weapon. I believe this is caused by a mod incompatibility, but I have not been able to find the culprit. I recommend you test this control right after saving your game, and if it does crash, just unbind the Previous Weapon control from this mod.
A bandoleer can hold 10 guns and allows you to cycle through them, or jump to any given one via hotkeys. This effectively adds more gun slots to the game via an intermediary item.
How to set up:
- Research the Weapon Bandoleer technology
- Craft a Weapon Bandoleer
- Right-Click the Weapon Bandoleer to open its inventory
- Click "Activate" in the bandoleer's interface
- Close the bandoleer's inventory
- You're done!
How to use:
- Press "Tab" or "Control Tab" to cycle forwards or backward through the guns in the bandoleer
- Press "Control" and any number button to quickly switch to that gun
Some things to keep in mind when using the mod:
- The Weapon Bandoleer item must remain in your inventory
- If you remove the bandoleer from your inventory, either intentionally or by dying, you may need to re-activate it when you retrieve it
- The first row of the bandoleer's inventory is for guns, and the second is for ammo
- Pair the ammo under the gun you want to use it with
- The bandoleer will skip empty gun slots when cycling
- If you try to shift-click guns out of the bandoleer, the game will put it in your gun bar, which may cause you to lose track of your gun.