Warptorio

by NONOCE

Build your base on a platform that follow you from planets to planets and escape biters before they overwhelm you.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.17.34

i Great Mod! Feedback and some suggestions

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I just found out about the mod because of Kitch on Youtube and hope that it gains a lot more well deserved popularity.
It changes the gameplay in an interesting way and adds a nice challange. So here are my thoughts so far:

1. I think the research should be split up in: Platform Size, Underground Level Number and Underground Level Size. And make the game start with just 1 underground level.
    It would make it clear what to expect from the next space upgrade and adjust the platform to your preferred playstyle. Some might prefer to build above ground and some to turtle underground.

2. A great way to improve this mod would be to add a research that unlocks a building (or some other way) that works as an underground belt between layers. Maybe limit the number of them to keep up the challenge, but make them placeable by the player. The existing 2 loaders are fine but they feel very restricted and make the underground levels a lot less useful in the late-game.

3. Another thing I notices is that nothing of the mod shows up it the pollution screen. I don't know how feasible it would be to add it, but I feel like having a way to visualize the impact the mod has on the biter evolution would be great.

4. A small wish of mine to finish: Add a better (maybe even a hd texture) to the loaders that doesn't feels so out of place.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Just wanted to edit and misclicked. I don't know how to delete a comment. Sorry.

Since I already have this comment, I might as well add a point:

1. Fix the "Warp Mining Productivity Research" or at least balance it like for example:
    lvl1: 50x red, lvl2 100x red, lvl3 200x red, lvl4 200x red & green, lvl5 300x red & green, lvl6 400x red & green, lvl7 500x red & green, lvl8 500x red & green & blue ...

2. Why not add a bit more research and make them cost "Production" and "Utility Science Packs" as well.

I really hope this mod is still being developed. It has a lot of potential.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

This mod has a great early game, but the late game is really lacking.
You can get infinite ore so that's easy, but transporting it to your factory, and then between floors...
Very limited. 2 blue belts, and maybe 2 stack inserters. If the chests were buffer chests, we could do some very heavy expansion with bots. Same with an upgrade for the beacon for more module slots. Also 500MW is not enough.

I can understand why you'd want to limit the size of the platform, but i really think this mod should have infinite platform sizes. There's a few other quality of life improvements i'd love to see as well.

A few more structures would be a lot of fun to play with as well, maybe a solar panels?, particularly if they have infinite techs.
Yeah 500 modules in the beacon would be totally broken... but that's what i want to do with it. :)

I've already had a look at the luas and, it's a bit of a mess but it's manageable and i could easily clean it up and make everything work a bit better, and maybe check out supporting factorissimo. Very well designed mod.

4 years ago

Agree with all the comments above, this mod has a lot of potential. Maybe simplest enhancement would be to make it support factorissimo, in which case you maybe wouldn't need extra levels and wouldn't need to increase the size of the platform too much?

4 years ago

Agree with all the comments above, this mod has a lot of potential. Maybe simplest enhancement would be to make it support factorissimo, in which case you maybe wouldn't need extra levels and wouldn't need to increase the size of the platform too much?

I've already started re-writing the mod because i'm impatient and it is only about 2000 lines long. Cake.
The lua is very messy and i'm not surprised there are mod conflicts.
If it goes well, i'd like to add bunch of new technologies and structures to it as well.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

My re-write is mostly finished, and a lot is working.
https://gyazo.com/87a4f10e43478a08e69dd25aa5e17974
I'm basically up to the final steps and making sure everything is working then i get to have some real fun with this thing :)

Factorissimo works too, but only on on the platforms lower levels.
https://gyazo.com/d76aa902cfbc368b5ab2bd80c7d7abdf

4 years ago

Great to see someone is working on improving the mod. Thanks for the work.
Now let's hope the mod author responds.

4 years ago

I cant wait. I check this fórum everyday. This idea hás só much potential

4 years ago

Looks great, can't wait to see the final product.

New response