Warptorio

by NONOCE

Build your base on a platform that follow you from planets to planets and escape biters before they overwhelm you.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.17.34

g Really fun mod, some thoughts on game play

4 years ago

Thanks for making this mod, it's a really fun challenge. A couple thoughts on gameplay.

1. Could there be more levels of warp platform upgrade? I know the challenges posed by limited space is the point but it would be nice if there were more pipes/belts between levels. Having only one belt in each direction between levels limits throughput and limits you to one material (or you could set up a sorting system but there' s not a lot of room for that. Also a bit more space (or more levels) would be nice. (One way of achieving this type of result would be to make this consistent w/ factorissimo 2 per someone else's comment).

2. The warp mining production technology almost seems too strong; for a relatively small number of red science packs you can vastly improve productivity (especially as compared to the vanilla mining productivity items).

3. Since there is a lot of running around setting up and taking down mining every time you warp, some sort of mod to make setting things up and packing them up seems essential. I used GhostPlacerExpress and MouseoverDeconstruct. This might be kind of 'cheaty' but it became a real QOL issue.

Also, check out Kitch on youtube, he's doing a really good series using your mod, that's how I found out about it.

Thanks

4 years ago

I`m also had some suggestions. If not directly in this mod, but making a branch, if this feature possible in factorio, make floors expandable feeding items to reactor; unlocking new sciense pack gives you another floor to expand; expanding floors by reactor works like radar, creating it tile by tile in circular way; each floor tile costs sertain item to feed

New response