Sulfuric Bacteria


Reconstitute wood on Vulcanus by cultivating bacteria found around the sulfuric geysers

Content
a month ago
2.0 - 2.1
20.0K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Environment Mining

i Melting Setting

a month ago

Hi, I really like the mod as means to get wood on Vulcanus (I'm playing lignumis), but I was wondering if there was a way to add a setting to remove the tungsten results from melting, or remove melting entirely to prevent the mod from altering tungsten acquisition. I understand if this isn't the direction you want to take the mod, but either way thank you.

a month ago

Hi! I added a setting to disable melting. I considered an intermediate option that only disables the tungsten products, but all of the others are renewable in other ways already.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Hi, sorry to keep at this. I think that removing the recipe caused a few issues with the technologies and maraxsis compact. I've never coded in lua and have a very basic education in coding but below is a fix I put together that seems to be working (both with the setting on and off) (also, arrays start at 1 in lua?!? weird)

Maraxsis Compact(I changed the recipe reference to an array and made it so melting is only added when the setting is on):

local frep = require("__fdsl__.lib.recipe")

if mods["maraxsis"] or mods["maraxsis-classic"] then

recipes = {"sulfuric-bacteria-filtering","sulfuric-bacteria-cultivation","sulfuric-bacteria-pruning",}
if settings.startup["sulfuric-bacteria-melting"].value then
    recipes[4]= "sulfuric-bacteria-melting"
end

for _,recipe_name in pairs(recipes) do
    local recipe = frep.find(recipe_name)
    assert(recipe)
    for _,surface_condition in pairs(recipe.surface_conditions or {}) do
        if surface_condition.property == "pressure" then
            surface_condition.max = nil
            break
        end
    end
end
end

Technologies (I wanted to do an array but couldn't figure it out, so I did an extra data:extend for if the setting is on):

data:extend({{
  type = "technology",
  name = "sulfuric-bacteria-cultivation",
  icon = "__vulcanus-sulfuric-bacteria__/graphics/technology/sulfuric-bacteria-cultivation.png",
  icon_size = 256,
  effects = {
    {type="unlock-recipe", recipe="sulfuric-bacteria-filtering"},
    {type="unlock-recipe", recipe="sulfuric-bacteria-cultivation"},
  },
  prerequisites = {"calcite-processing"},
  research_trigger = {
    type = "mine-entity",
    entities = {"sulfuric-stromatolite"}
  }
}})

if settings.startup["sulfuric-bacteria-melting"].value then
  data:extend({{
    type = "technology",
    name = "sulfuric-bacteria-melting",
    icon = "__vulcanus-sulfuric-bacteria__/graphics/technology/sulfuric-bacteria-melting.png",
    icon_size = 256,
    effects = {
      {type="unlock-recipe", recipe="sulfuric-bacteria-melting"}
    },
    prerequisites = {"metallurgic-science-pack"},
    unit = {  
      count = 200,
      ingredients = {
        {"automation-science-pack", 1},
        {"logistic-science-pack", 1},
        {"chemical-science-pack", 1},
        {"space-science-pack", 1},
        {"metallurgic-science-pack", 1}
      },
      time = 60
    }
  }})
end
a month ago

Oops! Yeah I... forgot to test. Must've gotten distracted by something else breaking while I was trying to do so. Yeah lua's 1-based arrays still trips me up sometimes. The second data:extend is actually the preferred way to add something conditionally... it's just easier and not much reason not to do it that way. Fixed with 1.3.4, thanks for your patience and assistance!

New response