Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

b [FIXED] Bug with Pyanodon Fusion Energy

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

This one surprises me. Being that Alien Biomes itself doesn't offer ores, but VTK DCM 2.11.0 crashes complaining against Alien Biomes 0.6.8.
pyAE installed, few QoL modlist can be sent. DCM 2.10.2 doesn't crash Alien Biomes 0.6.8.

12.343 Error ModManager.cpp:1623: Error while loading entity prototype "molybdenum-ore-patch" (resource): Key "name" not found in property tree at ROOT.resource.molybdenum-ore-patch.minable.results[1]
Modifications: VortiK's Deep core mining › Alien Biomes

7 months ago

Hello,

This seems to be linked to Py that add Molybdenum ore and not Alien Biomes. I'll take a look at this and other issues with Py mods that other users reported.

Between the update of the Py suite and the many ressources it adds, it might just be a case of filtering ore/ressources that can't be deep core minified.

7 months ago

Found the problem, it is a bug a in the pyfusionenergy mod where the molybdenum ore mining result is badly formated and doesn't have the name field properly declared.

I've reported the issue here for the py mod author to fix : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyfusionenergy/discussion/6502065ea56354d1c5ea0515

7 months ago

Hello,

I managed to fix this without Pyoanodon change, please let me know how it runs on 2.11.1 just published.

7 months ago

VortiK,
IF 9 migrated/removed recipes was planned for this fix, (1) the game does load. (2) seems to be happy with an _autosave
Appreciate you looking at it, I can't read code nearly as well as some devs. Thanks!

New response