Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
8 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

i Migrate any ore patch to deep core

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Would it be possible to create a tool that lets you select any resource patch and replace it with a deep core mining variant?

My use case is migrating to deep core mining from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/InfiniteResourcesNormalYieldDepletion.

I tried doing this myself, but the only entity data I could get from a selection tool was {__self = "userdata"}. My idea was just to call spawn_ore_patch_on_depleted_ore with every ore entity in the selection. If you could tell me how I could get more entity data, I'll be happy to try create a PR - I couldn't find anything useful via Google.

2 years ago

Hello,

If you use infinite resources, there is no need for deep core mining.

However if you want to manually spawn deep core mining patches you can do it with an editor mod like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/EditorExtensions that let you place any ressources including deep core mining ones.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Sorry, I meant I want to replace infinite resources with deep core mining (so once I've replaced all patches I can remove the infinite resources mod). So you're saying I should change them for my map in the editor instead? I can do that :)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Well, I figured it out anyway - apparently serpent.block doesn't show anything from a LuaEntity, which is why I was just seeing one entry in the table.

Please could you update the GitHub code so I can create a PR (it looks a few versions out of date)? Or if you don't want to include a tool to swap ore patches manually as if they'd been depleted, I can extract my code into a separate mod.

New response