Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

g [Question] Map Settings (Richness)

3 years ago

I was hoping to give the richness of veins that spawn some randomization, particularly more randomized with increasing based on distance from start but your info things say that its supposed to be a set 100% always so I wanted to find out what happens if I change them as I'm trying to balance things out.

Deep Core Crack, has only one setting. 10,000 (100%). I suppose this means it can't be made more rich the further out from spawn it gets?

Min/Max Ore Patches, also defaults at 10,000 (100%). I was thinking of changing minimum to 100 (1%) and max to 20,000 (200%), hoping that it might randomize somewhere in between the two and in the end the ore patch would go all the way down to 1% eventually.

Can you explain this bit a little for me please? And tell me if what I'd like to do is actually possible with the mod?

3 years ago

Hello,

The setting does what it says, simple sets the richness to a fixed value. To get what you'd like resources should instead use the game's placement algorithm but I never understood it enough to use it.

Also yes by design the resources in the mod never deplete or reduce their output.

New response