Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

b Decorative removal

5 years ago

Whenever a deep core crack is generated, it deletes all the decoratives on the map rather than only the ones over the crack. Seems to be some unexplained change to surface.destroy_decoratives?

5 years ago

Hello,

Ah so I guess that's why all decoratives have been removed from my game too !

I'll investigate this, indeed a crack spawn remove decorative around itself (for a few tiles, not the whole world). This seems a regression to 0.17.

Thanks for the report !

5 years ago

This is now fixed in 1.16.4 and existing world get a decorative regeneration !

Let me know how it goes.

5 years ago

Works great, thanks!

5 years ago

Hey i have this mod and the deep core mining drill works great but do you know where it would find deep core mining cracks? Thanks

5 years ago

hello camywamy123

Deep Core Cracks are rather rare so you'll have to explore a bit to find them. They are clearly visible as a big blue square on the map so you shouldn't miss them !

You can use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ResourceLabelsContinued to get them highlighted even more.

Good hunting !

5 years ago

Hello VortiK,

i really don't mean to nag, but after the incident of removing all decorations, it now generates decorations everywhere, including concrete/stone.
I don't know if this is exlusive for me, so just for your information it happend at least once.

5 years ago

Hello,

Yeah I noticed this aswell, it would be complicated to workaround precisly. I guess I'll have to just remove this migration at some point to not "break" more saves from people coming from 0.16 as the bug itself is fixed anyway.

New response