Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

i Advanced mining might need some rebalancing

5 years ago

Hello. I've played around with this mod (setting up a refining facility for the deep core chunks was quite fun... my current approach is to bus the product chunks to the train station, and then run them through the chem plants into the buffer chests), but I've been having some issues with the ratios. I'm getting WAY too much urantium... I can't posibly use it fast enough to not clug up my belts.
On top of that, since the AAI industry mod adds more uses to stone, I'm running low on it.

My suggestion is to add a configuration option to rebalance the drop ratios for the various ore chunks, and perhaps add a recipe to repurpes uneeded chunks into something else.

Cheers.

5 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, sorry for the late response.

Version 1.13.0 has rebalanced the yields of the deep core ore refining into chunks, coal, uranium and stone are reduced so they should be less overflowing.

There is also new inefficient but focused recipes to refine only a single type of ore !

Let me know if it is more balanced like this.

Regards

5 years ago

will check.
A proccess to scrap ore chunks into a lower quantity of raw chunks could be helpful as well though.

New response