Cannon Turret

by VortiK

Adds a cannon mounted turret and specific cannon shell magazine ammunition that behave like the tank shells without friendly fire colliding. Bonus technology to make all walls and gates resistant to explosions to better works with the cannon turret.

Content
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Combat

i Limit firing arc

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi, due to the, um, "explosive" potential of friendly fire from this turret should a biter break through a wall further down from where the turret is located, I'd like to suggest limiting its firing arc (similar in concept to the flamethrower turret). Maybe a bit more than what the flamethrower has, say 144 degrees or 40% (compared to the flamethrower 120 or 33%)?

I've already tested this in game and it seems to work nicely. Under attack_parameters, just add a turn_range value.

4 years ago

After some play testing, I found that one would also need to set turret_base_has_direction = true. This prevents the base from rotating with the turret head.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello thanks for the suggestion that's indeed an interesting way to better limit the dangerousity of the turret :)

I'm hesitant to implement it, maybe as an option ? I kinda like the powerfull but high (explosive) risk associated with a cannon turret as a base defense.

4 years ago

Well, I mean, the flamethrower has a limited firing arc. :) But as an option would work for me!

4 years ago

I'll take a look to implement something configurable :)

4 years ago

Hello,

Went on a limp and added a new turret, let me know what your think !

New response