Cannon Turret

by VortiK

Adds a cannon mounted turret and specific cannon shell magazine ammunition that behave like the tank shells without friendly fire colliding. Bonus technology to make all walls and gates resistant to explosions to better works with the cannon turret.

Content
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Combat

g Compatibility with Turret shields

4 years ago

in some cases projectiles what launched from cannon turret can be triggered by their own turret's shields, can you please make adjustment and sligtly shift position where projectile spawns to avoid colliding with shields from this mod? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Turret-Shields

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

setup for recreating issue: map editor with preinstalled turrets (and some biters surounded by water tiles) - "save and play" - enter cheat code for researching all technologies /c game.player.force.research_all_technologies() - provide electicity for turrets - incert some ammo

sometimes it lauches, sometimes blowup immidiatly after shot, i think it's angle based so it might be just couple inches, anyway this turret have some minimum range so it will not impact this mod

4 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for the bug report. I could not consistently reproduce this issue even with the ease of Creative Mod but non the less I've increased the projectile_creation_distance of the cannon turret from 1,75 to 2 that should help prevent this selfshooting issue hopefully.

There may be another case when multiple turret are out of sync and one shoots at the exact same time where a projectile from another turret is right on the place where it spawns its own projectile, making them collide and both explode. But that's just a supposition for now really.

Let me know how it goes for you !

New response