Cannon Turret

by VortiK

Adds a cannon mounted turret and specific cannon shell magazine ammunition that behave like the tank shells without friendly fire colliding. Bonus technology to make all walls and gates resistant to explosions to better works with the cannon turret.

Content
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Combat

g Suggestion - 95% resist instead of wall full immune

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Can new technology give 95% resist for walls instead of grant them full immune to explosions, check mod "ExplosiveBiters" and especially new T5 biters and spitters (also T6 MOTHER OF EXPLOSIVE SPITTERS with 100k hp) - all these 3 last giant explosive mutants do a freaking NUKE after death, but wall just don't care, they stay intact, it looks so stupid. Anyway armor piercing magazines looks much more safe for your own base, so i prefer them anyway, but this immunity oh man... Also, their resourse cost is pretty cheap, can you at least increase steel requirement from 2 to 30? This thing has 1500hp!

5 years ago

I think there is a different way to prevent damaging your own structures. Check "Rampant" mod and especially specific setting "safety: disallow friendly fire from same force" which simply prevent biters from burning inside fire puddles what has been created by fire spitters, and also prevent taking damage from explosions when "explosion biter" die.

5 years ago

Hello,

Last version added a 95% resistance to walls instead of 100%. Let me know how it goes, it can be further adjusted to study the immunity as you suggested.

5 years ago

ugh i decide to never touch this research cause it's completely broke whole balance, i think the best way to please everyone is make this resistance configurable in mode settings

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi,

Last version added a 95% resistance to walls instead of 100%.

I agree that a 100% resistance against explosions is too much, so lessening the resistance to 95% (perhaps even 90%) feels OK and adds realism to the game.

But the effect of Wall explosion proofing technology is still given as "Wall explosion immunity". Immunity, however, implies a resistance of 100%. Now that you've lessened explosion resistance to 95%, you should change the description to something like "Make walls explosion proof", "Harden walls against explosions", or "Make walls more resistant against explosions".

Also, the description should be changed from "Research into reinforcing walls to make them explosion resistant to work better in combination with cannon turret" to, e.g., "Research walls that are less vulnerable to explosions so they work better in combination with cannon turret".

Would you change the texts, please? Otherwise it would be confusing to players because you make promises that the mod doesn't keep. :-)

4 years ago

Hello thanks for the input !

I've pushed a fix including fixes to texts and suggested and reduces the wall explosion resistance bonus from 95% to 90%

Let me know how it runs !

4 years ago

I'll take a look at increasing the cost too thanks for the feedback.

New response