Armor Plating

by VortiK

Adds armor plating equipment to increase vehicles hitpoints and improve their survivability. - Supports AAI Vehicles. - Supports Angel's Heavy Tank. - Has built in mod support.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Armor

g No added health?

3 years ago

So, I'm running Space Exploration, AAI, and Autodrive, among others (I can get a full list tomorrow if needed.) And I can't seem to get the plates to work properly. After playing around for a while, I cranked the settings up to +10000 health and +100% health. Then I put 1 Energized plate and 11 plates into an AI Warden and while I get the notification about the health changing, the Warden's health doesn't change and it seems to die exactly as easily as it does without the armor.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a mod conflict or bug going on? Have the biters suddenly become 10,000 times harder for inexplicable reasons? Am I just going crazy?

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just confirming what the expected behavior is. Thanks!

3 years ago

yeah same problem

3 years ago

Me too.

3 years ago

Hello, thanks for the report. I think I'll mark the mod incompatible with Space Exploration for now as it is a heavy mod that rewrite lot of features. Also it seems that Space Exploration adds its own armor plates like modules.

3 years ago

Hello,

I've ran some tests and armor plating works correctly with the following mods :
- space exploration and its dependancies
- aai industry
- warden
- chaingun vehicule
- laser tank
- also car, tank and spidertron still works too

So i'm removing the mod's incompatibility, it may be another mod in your list that cause a conflit somehow that make the damage reduction not triggering on damage.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm having the same problem, even though it looks like you fixed it 6 months ago.
Did something in the base game change since then?

I can run with zero mods except this one (base game v1.1) and when adding armor to the vanilla car or tank, I see a message saying that armor HP has changed but the HP of the vehicles are still 2000 and 450 for tank and car.

Any thoughts?

(also thank you for your work here, I really appreciate it!)

2 years ago

Actually, it seems to be working but the HP on the GUI doesn't reflect it. I also see you mentioned this in some threads a long time ago.

You might get this question less often if you add an FAQ tab and address this little quirk?

Anyhow, thank you again I really enjoy it.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Actually, it seems to be working but the vehicle HP numbers on the GUI do not change. I also see you mentioned this in some threads a long time ago. I tried shooting my car with and without armor and it did make a difference.

You might get this question less often if you add an FAQ tab and address this little quirk?

Anyhow, thank you again I really enjoy it.

2 years ago

Hello,

Ah yes I see, this is can indeed be confusing. This is done this way because HP are notre moddable at runtime, so instead damage is reduced when entity take damage which kind of makes sense as it's an armor reducing damage taken :)

I've updated the mod description to explain how it actually works !

It doesn't seem to be working for me. I am running Space Exploration and I tried using 3 armor plates on an AAI Flame Tank. It has 2000 health naturally, so the script says it has been set to 5000 health. But it dies just as easily and just as quickly as without the armor plates.

New response