Armor Plating

by VortiK

Adds armor plating equipment to increase vehicles hitpoints and improve their survivability. - Supports AAI Vehicles. - Supports Angel's Heavy Tank. - Has built in mod support.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Armor

g Vehicle Self-Repair Possible?

4 years ago

Would it be possible to make a vehicle module that adds health regen? A low tech version that would allow for slow passive repairs without having to exit or use bots, and a high tech expensive version with a higher rate

4 years ago

Hello,

Yes this should be possible with some scripting. This would require some balancing as the armor plating and the slots are pretty well balanced as is.

There's also many mods out there that add more grid to vehicles enabling the usable of energy active shields that anwser this need.

I feel this is out of my feature scope for this mod.

3 years ago

Would it be possible to make a vehicle module that adds health regen?

Perhaps Autodrive may work for you. Vehicles controlled by it will be healed on collision with trees (trees are an asset in combat now), collisions with friendly entities will heal both the vehicle and the other entity. Autodrive already adds extra slots for its own sensors to existing grids from this mod, so you don't lose grid space for armor equipment on small grids. I've also plans for optionally letting each installed piece of armor equipment add to vehicle weight, so adding armor will let you trade speed for protection.

New response