Armor Plating

by VortiK

Adds armor plating equipment to increase vehicles hitpoints and improve their survivability. - Supports AAI Vehicles. - Supports Angel's Heavy Tank. - Has built in mod support.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Armor

g Support for other mods vehicles

5 years ago

Using the mod "Hovercrafts" , unfortunatly they are bridle and I was looking for a way to beef them up.
What exactly do I need to do to make your mod compatible wih hovercrat?

5 years ago

Hello,

Since version 0.5.0 : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vtk-armor-plating/changelog it is possible for other mods to be compatible by simply adding the equipment category "vtk-armor-plating" to the vehicles. You can ask the hovercraft mod author to add it.

I added explicit native support to Hovercrafts in last 0.6.0 version with the same grid size as the car ! However the mod author can still make it's own support with specific equipment grid and it will take priority.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I will add support for your mod to my version of Hovercrafts and it's electric hovercraft. I will leave your mod to support the standard and missile hovercrafts of the mod as I don't want to add equipment grids to those as standard.

I just saw this mod for the first time and I like the idea. Something I was thinking though is making it also slow down the vehicles per plate added. Not sure your thoughts on this, but figure it would be a great trade off to also countering stacking too many plates.

Great mod!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello, thanks for your message !

Sorry I missed thoses electric hovercrafts :)

About slowing down I'm really not fond of it. I feel the plating are balanced as is being kinda expensive and vehicles having very limited grids (at least from the default grids I add).
From my playthrough it really helped scaling survivability in harder evolution of the car and the tank and I feel that having a slow down (even if it somewhat makes sense) would nerf the usefullness too much.

5 years ago

It's not a problem to add the support for the electric hovercraft. In fact I am just about to push the update now. Went ahead and added a few other changes I had been thinking about doing while I was at it.

As for adding slow down... Was just something I figured I would pass along for your thoughts. I understand your points and like the idea either way.

Thanks again.

5 years ago

Okay, I've pushed my updated.
I also went ahead and added support for an optional equipment grid in the hovercraft and missilecraft with changeable dimensions (disabled by default). They also support your mod if it's installed by the user.

There is no conflict that I can find with your mod as is and my updated version.

New response