Armor Plating

by VortiK

Adds armor plating equipment to increase vehicles hitpoints and improve their survivability. - Supports AAI Vehicles. - Supports Angel's Heavy Tank. - Has built in mod support.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Armor

i Support for LJD Vehicles?

5 years ago

Could you add support for LJD Vehicles (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LJD_Vehicles_A16), please? I just noticed when browsing the research tree that the small car from the vanilla game gets a vehicle grid, but the truck (which is slower and without weapons) gets none. Now, the car is fast (too fast, actually, for a map with the Toxic Forest and lots of rocks + cliffs) and armed with an SMG, so you can try to get away from attacking biters with it or defend yourself. The truck, on the other hand, is far slower and unarmed -- so it actually is more in need of protective armor than the car.

Also, I'd like to know whether vehicles with armor plating are slowed down compared to unarmored vehicles of the same time. As far as I've seen, your mod description only mentions additional health points the armor provides. However, considering how much steel is needed for a single piece of armor plating equipment, armor really should inhibit speed.

5 years ago

Hello,

I've added support for other mods to support this mod and also added your request to support.

Yes only armor is added and not speed reduction.

5 years ago

Wonderful, thanks a lot! :-)

New response