Armor Plating

by VortiK

Adds armor plating equipment to increase vehicles hitpoints and improve their survivability. - Supports AAI Vehicles. - Supports Angel's Heavy Tank. - Has built in mod support.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Armor

i Add armor instead of hit points

I don't know if it's possible, but I think it would make more sense if the modules gave a small amount of physical, explosive, fire, and acid resist. They could add +2 and +5% perhaps. You can already give the vehicle more HP by giving it shields, but the armor (resistance) of a vehicle or armor suit applies with the shields, magnifying the effective hit points and making it depend a lot on the power of the hit you take.

Here's some ideas for armor platings:

Defense Plating
+3 physical and acid resist
It gets no percent bonus because it can stack too high too easily and make a tank with a large equipment grid nearly invincible.

Assault Plating
+1 fire/+10% fire resist
+10 explosive/+10% explosive resist
If you stack enough of these on, your vehicle can become effectively immune to your own shots, allowing you to drive over your flames or fire explosive rounds at point-blank range. Also useful in multiplayer co-op.

Navigational Plating
+25/+5% impact resistance
Makes it hurt less to hit rocks, big biters, or spawners that you "might not have seen" in your path.

5 years ago

Hello,

Unfortunatly it is not possible to mod resistances directly at runtime via modding (they are set on the entity property and are not api accessible).

However it can be simulated as done in this mod via recalculations of HP during onHit events.

I’ll see to add some variations of platings as you described, it should be interesting.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions !

New response