Armor Plating

by VortiK

Adds armor plating equipment to increase vehicles hitpoints and improve their survivability. - Supports AAI Vehicles. - Supports Angel's Heavy Tank. - Has built in mod support.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Armor

b Extra HP not applying?

6 years ago

Just tried out your mod and did a spotlight video on it, but noticed the GUI info for the vehicle doesn't change to show the increased HP, and I did a test by shooting the vehicle and it died after it lost it's original HP (so 450 for car). It seems as if the extra HP isn't actually applying, or I'm doing something wrong?

I did put the plating in correctly because it did show the message that the health had increased.

6 years ago

Hello,

Yeah the vehicule health GUI can't be modded directly so it will still show its original HP. However damage received will be reduced depending on the armor bonus from inserted platings.

You can test this with two vehicule, one with armor, one without and shooting them both a bit, you should see the armored one losing less health.

There's a gotcha however, if the vehicule takes more damage than its original HP in one shot, it may be killed still (exemple a car taking more than 450 damage in one hit).
This is because I can't prevent damage from being applied but health is "reimbursed" after the hit if possible (maybe it will be improved in the future).

6 years ago

Thanks for the response! I wasn't aware it acted more like actual armor, I thought it would literally add HP. The health did seem to go down pretty fast when I shot a vehicle with the armor plates in it, but I did not compare to one without the plates, so good call there.

Thanks for the clarification!

6 years ago

Thank you for the Youtube spotlight !

New response