Vanilla Loaders

by Kirazy

Adds the vanilla loaders to the game with customizable recipe difficulty, and with support for cargo wagons via lua scripting. Supports belts added by Bob's Logistics and Ultimate Belts. When installed side-by-side with Loader Redux, will use Loader Redux's snapping logic and train loading. Additionally, with a startup setting, may be used as a dumb mod to simply reskin Loader Redux.

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i Ultimate Loaders

3 years ago

Is there support for extra tier loaders to match the 4 extra tiers that Ultimate Belts add? I just see the first 3 tiers of loaders.

3 years ago

I haven't added support for Ultimate belts, but I suppose that it wouldn't be too much trouble to add that support.

3 years ago

Cool, I will look forward to it.

3 years ago

I forgot to mention this back when I did the experiment, but unfortunately belt speed is capped at 120 items (for loaders) and so unless I do the same hidden-inserter trick that Therax does with Miniloaders, I can't support Ultimate Belts. Or the devs improve how loaders function internally (unlikely).

3 years ago

A recent change to loader logic in 1.1.28 allows faster-than-120 items/s (exact cap unknown) but I will do some tests and see about adding Ultimate loaders.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've added support for Ultimate Belts. There is a limitation with the Ultimate Loader if you attach a circuit wire to the belt immediately in front of the loader: item throughput in that situation will be limited to 240 items/s. Otherwise, with a splitter or underground belt in front of the loader, throughput is the expected 270 items/s.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

And train loading is 120 items/s. Going to see what can be done about that.

Edit: I have a solution, I've got input into cargo wagons working for up to 720 items/s, now to do output...

Edit 2: The solution comes with dramatic performance hits, so I'm going to be experimenting with this for a while.

New response