Universal Quickstart Belts and Machines deprecated

by Caxx

This mod is intended to be a universal quickstart mod, since I find it annoying to have to switch between the different quickstart mods whenever I want to start a new game with different mod combinations. My plan for this mod is to include many of the major mods out there, and make it as adaptable as possible.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Cheats

b starting new game - error

4 years ago

The mod Universal Quickstart Belts and Machines caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event universal_quickstart::on_player_created (ID 24)
universal_quickstart/control.lua:232: attempt to index field 'uqs-number-of-omnitractors' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
universal_quickstart/control.lua:232: in function <universal_quickstart/control.lua:1>

4 years ago

Also getting this error. I do not have omni anything downloaded or installed.

4 years ago

Sorry about that, I was experimenting with Omnimatter. Should work now.

4 years ago

The mod Universal Quickstart Belts and Machines caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event universal_quickstart::on_player_created (ID 24)
universal_quickstart/control.lua:245: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
universal_quickstart/control.lua:245: in function <universal_quickstart/control.lua:1>

Do I have something set incorrectly or is this still an issue?

4 years ago

It seems like there's a value that is set to 0 and the mod doesn't like it. I can't look at it right now, but will do within the next few hours. Try changing all settings that are 0 to atleast 1, hopefully that will work.

4 years ago

It is a conflict with another mod. I had forgotten to turn off Quick Start and Quick Start patch. Turned those off and it works fine, apparently there was a setting that Quick Start changed that UQSB&M changes as well.

4 years ago

Nice, it doesn't sound like a major issue, but worth looking into anyway. Good to know it works for you.

4 years ago

I took a look at it, and at line 245 the mod tries to remove the single Burner mining drill which is given by default. Most quickstart mods do this, to be able to give the player nice looking numbers. So to get around this issue I added a condition which makes the mod look if there actually exists a burning mining drill before trying to remove it. Hopefully this will work.

New response