Universal Quickstart Belts and Machines deprecated

by Caxx

This mod is intended to be a universal quickstart mod, since I find it annoying to have to switch between the different quickstart mods whenever I want to start a new game with different mod combinations. My plan for this mod is to include many of the major mods out there, and make it as adaptable as possible.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Cheats

g THANK YOU!

5 years ago

YES!!!!
This is a wonderful idea and thank you for making this.
If I may request adding Robot World to your list of mods to work with please?

Other popularish mods you might want to glance at to see if the startups need help.
Youki Industries
Pyanodons (I don't use this mod pack but it seems really popular)
Amator

Thank you again. This is wonderful.

5 years ago

Thank you!

I'll absolutly look into those mods, Youki and Py is already in the planning stage. I'll take a look at the other two mods, and see what I can do.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Confronted by Youki I had to make a decision about the boundries of this mod, what I wanted it to give the player. Either I make it a full blown unrestricted cheat, and give the player the ability to reach mid-game from the beginning. Or I restrict the cheatiness of the mod to a certain maesurable boundry.

I've decided to go for the latter, since I think the challenge, and thereby the fun, is lost if the player is launched into mid-game without any effort. Therefore I've set the target to be 0.5/s of the first science pack, meaning the player, by default, is given enough machines, inserters, belt etc to set up an automated chain for producing 0.5 of the first science pack / second.

This means that I will not include Youki Industries, since the early game basically is vanilla. I will aslo tune the default values to match my set boundry, but I will still make it possible for the player to adjust the amount of inserters etc, just to give players the possibility to personalize their experience with this mod.

New response