Unholy Legacy Modpack

Krastorio 2 + Space Exploration + Quality of life + Interfaces + Harder enemies + Fun tech

Mod packs
2 years ago

b Do you have problems?

2 years ago

Tell me about them!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Don't put a Core Mining Drill into the range of a Resource Collector, or you'll get a repeating error whenting to display a Core Chunk as a projectile.
The collector has a pretty big range.

Picture:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/822183975669858354/931310930946584656/unknown.png

Ps: the Core Miner was set up to mine solids not only liquid, that's why it tried to mine the core-patch under the Core Miner, throwing errors not being able to create a projectile from the core chunk sprite.

2 years ago

We started a new multiplayer round of your mod pack a couple of days ago and we encountered the problem that enemies ignore terrain completely (water, cliffs and even walls) and always take a direct path towards us or our towers when we engage them.
Do you have an idea what could cause that and how we can fix it? We left all the map start settings on default.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

We started a new multiplayer round of your mod pack a couple of days ago and we encountered the problem that enemies ignore terrain completely (water, cliffs and even walls) and always take a direct path towards us or our towers when we engage them.
Do you have an idea what could cause that and how we can fix it? We left all the map start settings on default.

It seems to be a Natural Enemies + Combat Overhaul thing.
The latter makes it possibble to your walls block the shots of the enemies, and add more refined defenses.
The former gives you tech to poison, infect, de-evolve, control and even make those bugs.

These two mods make combat a bit more brutal - consider to max out your bug-free area, and make expansion time the longest there is.
Using the different kinds of pollution prevention and cleaning could be a must.

I've experimented with how the bug-armies move, and I think they just go a bit away from the bombarded base of theirs - but if they sniff pollution their armies will come at masses.
Altough there were times the army stopped half-way, or just inside my artillery range.

I've took out these 3 mods for a time after I've discovered they walk on water, and bigger ones over walls,
but found their advanced behaviour more fun.
Feel free to de-activate these, or delve into their complex mechanics.
Also damaged bugs seem to lose heath in water instead regenerating?

I think I even shown that kind of combat in some of my recent videos about this pack?

By the way, I'd rather watch your playthru if there would be videos about it...

2 years ago

Hi, did you break the dependency for UsefulCombinators? My Factorio now complains that "xxx" is not a valid format for the version number. I already fixed it locally but it's weird, it didn't do that before... but then again, I didn't have any of the mods downloaded then.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi, did you break the dependency for UsefulCombinators? My Factorio now complains that "xxx" is not a valid format for the version number. I already fixed it locally but it's weird, it didn't do that before... but then again, I didn't have any of the mods downloaded then.

Thank you!
That's definitely an error I've made, I know where.
Hopefully did it, holler back if you have problems with it.

2 years ago

Hi, thanks for your response.
We disabled the combat overhaul mod and that fixed the problem with biters walking over terrain. It just makes it more challenging since now the spitters with splash damage can damage multiple layered walls at once instead of just the first row, bit that's fine. At least all others have to nibble at them first instead of walking through them.
And about your question of streaming, none of us are really streamers, it's simply a round between some friends.

2 years ago

Happy to be of assistance, it's good when people have fun because of my hobby. :)

I'd be happy if other people who are playing this would link their videos about it, for feedback reasons.

1 year, 8 months ago

NPBees2_2.2.12 is not working in this pack , and when i did remove space exploration it did load, any idea's?

1 year, 3 months ago

NPBees2_2.2.12 is not working in this pack , and when i did remove space exploration it did load, any idea's?

Interesting.
Have you tried other versions of the Bees?
I think the pack list defines exact versions of that.
How it's not working? Immediately throws the incompatibility window when you try to load up the game?

New response