Turbines ++

Tired of big nuclear turbine setups? This mod adds new turbines and usage for super/extreme heated steam. With the full setup you will get up to 112.5 MW of power out of 100 MW heat.

Content
2 years ago
Power

g Squeak Through requirement issue

8 months ago

Due to this, I am having biters go through my 4-layer walls. I like this mod, but due to the requirement of that mod, I cannot use it. Maybe set squeak through as optional instead? Something changed in this game as the bugs going through the walls due to squeak through never happened before.

Chaos234 β˜†
5 months ago

That is interesting to read that SQ let's biters go through your walls. Can you share me your save and your modlist so that I can take a look into it?
Maybe there is something else what's causing this problem here.

5 months ago

I managed to stop it by creating a 6-layer wall, thus breaking their pathfinding. I also do not have that save any longer as I re-started my factory due to other issues not relevant to this mod. I think it was Rampant that caused this to happen. I do not use that mod anymore as my server is simply not fast enough to handle the massive number of hives.

Chaos234 β˜†
5 months ago

So within your current playthrough this is no longer happening, am I understanding this right?

5 months ago

Yea. I think there was a glitch in the Matrix as the bugs now seem to properly collide with the walls.

Chaos234 β˜†
4 months ago

That's good. At last I'll check out if I need this hard dependency or if it can be optional too.

4 months ago

Not related to the initial report, but Industrial Revolution 3 marks SQ as incompatible, so it would be nice if it was made optional for Turbines ++.

Chaos234 β˜†
4 months ago

That's interesting and good to know. Would have to take a look into IR 3 why it is excluding SQ here.

4 months ago

I can now explain why the aliens were clipping through the wall. It is because the previous gamer I had was mis-interpreting the collisions due to how sluggish the processors are. I now have a Ryzen 9 7950x with 64GB DDR5-5200 and now can keep the things like collisions and entity refresh rates in check as it is much, much faster. I was using a dual-socket xeon ivy-bridge setup from 2013, which was so slow it was like watching trees grow with it's slow-ness.

Chaos234 β˜†
4 months ago

I can now explain why the aliens were clipping through the wall. It is because the previous gamer I had was mis-interpreting the collisions due to how sluggish the processors are. I now have a Ryzen 9 7950x with 64GB DDR5-5200 and now can keep the things like collisions and entity refresh rates in check as it is much, much faster. I was using a dual-socket xeon ivy-bridge setup from 2013, which was so slow it was like watching trees grow with it's slow-ness.

Ok, that sound somehow funny :D (even when it isn't funny). But after all I am going to test things out with no hard dependency for SQ

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

It was pretty amusing that they were wall-hacking due to, what I believe, was a catastrophic cache miss (DRAM? CPUS?), thus causing the game to drop out some of the intended scripting. What astounds me more than anything is how my server/client did not desync due to this.

New response