Turbines ++

Tired of big nuclear turbine setups? This mod adds new turbines and usage for super/extreme heated steam. With the full setup you will get up to 112.5 MW of power out of 100 MW heat.

Content
2 years ago
Power

g Stuff to think about

3 years ago

Seeing as you unlock extreme torque after regular torque, you can't use the extreme heat exchanger at maximum capacity as soon as you unlock it, so I was wondering if you could add a 750° heat exchanger to bridge that gap.

I tend to run steam converters directly into turbines. I have noticed that while the torque turbines are running, the steam turbines are not when the power grid is not running at maximum capacity, which then causes the steam converters not to run since they are backed up on steam, which does fix itself when the torque turbines run out of torque and the steam turbines kick in. Problem is, the steam turbines produce way less power than the torque turbines, so I have short spells of low power.

3 years ago

Seeing as you unlock extreme torque after regular torque, you can't use the extreme heat exchanger at maximum capacity as soon as you unlock it, so I was wondering if you could add a 750° heat exchanger to bridge that gap.

I tend to run steam converters directly into turbines. I have noticed that while the torque turbines are running, the steam turbines are not when the power grid is not running at maximum capacity, which then causes the steam converters not to run since they are backed up on steam, which does fix itself when the torque turbines run out of torque and the steam turbines kick in. Problem is, the steam turbines produce way less power than the torque turbines, so I have short spells of low power.

Sure ill add a 750dec variant- any idea how to fix the other problem?

3 years ago

My thought is that the vanilla turbine priority is secondary, and the torque turbines are primary...
The priority is as follows: Solar > Primary (nothing has this priority as output) > Secondary (Turbines/Engines have this priority as output) > Tertiary (Accumulators). If solar panels are not providing enough power, Primary kicks in to attempt to fill the gap. If primary power and solar are not enough, start the secondary, and if that isn't enough, discharge the accumulators. Problem is, the primary power (torque-turbines, I assume) is plenty enough to fill that gap. In the short lull that is caused by there being no torque in the pipes because of an excess of steam, the steam turbines are not enough to keep power generation at what it was. If the load on the network exceeds what the torque turbines can carry, this is not a problem.

3 years ago

My thought is that the vanilla turbine priority is secondary, and the torque turbines are primary...
The priority is as follows: Solar > Primary (nothing has this priority as output) > Secondary (Turbines/Engines have this priority as output) > Tertiary (Accumulators). If solar panels are not providing enough power, Primary kicks in to attempt to fill the gap. If primary power and solar are not enough, start the secondary, and if that isn't enough, discharge the accumulators. Problem is, the primary power (torque-turbines, I assume) is plenty enough to fill that gap. In the short lull that is caused by there being no torque in the pipes because of an excess of steam, the steam turbines are not enough to keep power generation at what it was. If the load on the network exceeds what the torque turbines can carry, this is not a problem.

just edited some script lines should now work!

3 years ago

750dec added alongside some fresh textures for torque turbines!

New response