trainsaver

trainsaver creates a dynamic screensaver which follows trains as they drive around from station to station.

Utilities
6 months ago
Trains

g Support for trains on other surfaces

6 months ago

As the title said, just want the option to randomly swap between trains on different surfaces. I'm playing Space Exploration, and currently it will shuffle between trains on whatever planet / orbit I'm currently on (Nauvis, Calidus Orbit, etc). Would be great to swap between all of them, as many have their own biomes (I'm a bit tired of seeing just trains on the mostly desert and forest Nauvis, would love to see trains on my purple moons).

6 months ago

Hey kotrenn,

Thanks for the feedback! At the moment I'm afraid it's a little bit out of scope for the mod. Basically trainsaver uses cutscenes to control the camera, and due to API limitations a cutscene target must be on the same surface as the player, so trainsaver would need to teleport the player around to the different surfaces to make that work. However, I will keep it in mind as development continues. If I can find a good clean way to implement it that doesn't add too much messy overhead, I think it would be a great addition to the mod.

New response