Train construction site

A nice, automated way of creating trains

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Trains

b [Other mod] Crash with SmartTrains

2 years ago

Just trying this mod for the first time. I built a bit of a test track to see how it functions before setting it loose on my existing factory rail grid. As soon as I placed down a 'Traindepot' stop, the game crashed with this error:

The mod Train construction site (0.2.19) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event trainConstructionSite::on_built_entity (ID 6)
The mod Smarter Trains (5.1.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SmartTrains::on_entity_renamed (ID 58)
SmartTrains/control.lua:1175: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
SmartTrains/control.lua:1175: in function 'decreaseStationCount'
SmartTrains/control.lua:1230: in function <SmartTrains/control.lua:1226>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__trainConstructionSite
/src/traincontroller.lua:851: in function 'onBuildEntity'
trainConstructionSite/control.lua:67: in function <trainConstructionSite/control.lua:60>

2 years ago

The mod that has a bug is the SmartTrains mod, not this mod. I could potentially fix it by adding the mod as a hidden dependency, so its event could execute first. Could you please provide a save file (so I can sync to your mod list and settings) and a way to reproduce this error? Thanks in advance!

2 years ago

Here's the link to the 57mb savegame on my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14JILBT7FfMulc7rgnJH50ABOoYU8aaht
When you open the inventory you'll only see the Train depot controller. Once you place that anywhere on the railroad, instant crash.

I hope you can help me sort out this issue, I'd like to be able to use this mod!

2 years ago

I asked permission to access the file on your google drive (I could not simply download it). Please allow access so I can download it.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I think I've enabled access to everyone now; try again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14JILBT7FfMulc7rgnJH50ABOoYU8aaht/view?usp=sharing

2 years ago

Thanks. I've downloaded it (104 - trains.zip), feel free to remove it from your drive if you whish; to be looked at.

2 years ago

ΠœΠΎΠΆΠ΅Ρ‚Π΅ ΡΠ΄Π΅Π»Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ ΡƒΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡ‰Π΅Π½Π½Ρ‹ΠΉ Π²Π°Ρ€ΠΈΠ°Π½Ρ‚ сборщика? интСрСсный ΠΎΡ‡Π΅Π½ΡŒ ΠΌΠΎΠ΄ ΠΈ ΠΎΠ΄ΠΈΠ½ ΠΈΠ· Ρ‚Π΅Ρ… ΠΊΠΎΡ‚ΠΎΡ€Ρ‹Π΅ я Π΄Π°Π²Π½ΠΎ искал! Но Ρƒ мСня ошибка ΠΌΠΎΠ΄Π°

2 years ago

I've had a look at the save, I cannot fix it inside my mod. This is a bug in the SmartTrains mod. I've created an issue on their end to fix it. That's all I can do...

1 year, 3 months ago

I've forgotten I've posted this bug before, sorry! Seems like the guy behind SmartTrains isn't addressing the issue.

New response