Train teleporter [BETA]

by Jorn86

Allows you to teleport any train from one stop to another

Content
4 years ago
Cheats

g not working in .18.36

3 years ago

Crash when teleporting. LuaTrain API calls when LuaTrain entity is invalid.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Please provide a screenshot of the error, or a log file that contains it

3 years ago

sometimes, it works. it might be that my test is contrived.

one way to crash it, if train arrives at station with nowhere else to go, just single stop circuit condition to teleport.

but that's not what i did before.

i had train with no carriages arrive to station 2 and attempt to teleport to station 1 that is at the beginning of the small length of track. i think the track might be too small, it tries to teleport into itself.

the screenshot above, it did seem to clone the train (I see two) but then crashes during the check phase.

3 years ago

i think it's easier to outline cases where the mod doesn't crash the game, than ones where it does. it crashes just about anything i do, lol

3 years ago

It seems to be crashing on train objects that are perfectly valid a few lines of code earlier. So if the only way you can trigger this is by teleporting trains into themselves, my suggestion is simple: Just don't.

As mentioned in the mod description, this mod is doing some serious abuse of mod APIs to make it work, and some corner cases like this one might just not be fixable.

3 years ago

nope, that's not the only way. there's plenty of things that make it crash because items become invalid, like, simply deleting a stop.

3 years ago

Not helpful.

If you want me to fix something, get me an actual error report.

This thread has been locked.