Train Supply Manager (TSM)

Control train scheduling via a publish/subscribe event based system. Easy to use, and stress tested to gigabase level. Includes automated refueling. Distributed priorities for sourcing, and request priorities. Setup via simple to use GUIs and basic combinators.

2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Train Counter reports train on the way even when no trains are assigned to that stop

1 year, 5 months ago

If a player deletes the requester station stop in the train schedule before the "empty cargo" condition is met the train counter still reports a "train on the way" even though there's no longer any trains assigned to that stop. I end up removing and placing the stop back in order to fix it.

Is there any option to remove the requester stop from the schedule after it leaves the requester?

1 year, 5 months ago

"Is there any option to remove the requester stop from the schedule after it leaves the requester?" - do you mean in an automated way? - No. I will have to see what I can do about the issue directly. Should be fixable.

1 year, 3 months ago

It happened to me as well. Train counter is just stucked. It is hard to find out it happened. Only fix is to delete which is a problem with complex wiring of logistic network.

1 year, 3 months ago

The train counter is updated when TSM directs a train to a requester station, or a train departs a requester station (naturally) or when the on_train_schedule_changed event is fired. Unfortunately with the event, the only information that is provided is the train id and the player. You can view the train schedule as it exists now via the train id, but not how it used to look. Ie specifically you have no information about stations that were removed from the schedule. This is a problem if the train was going to a requester station or was at a requester station (but not if it had a different destination).

I could ask the devs to add the detail line that was deleted from the schedule to the event, but they may have reasons for not adding it.

The alternate solution is that I maintain this information in table belonging to the mod, and always trigger the train counter re-evaluation if the train was headed for a requester station. I will probably do this one.

New response