Long and Far Reach

Long Reach. You can interact with most entities in the game far away. You can even use the map and zoom in and interact this way, as long as there is radar coverage.

Content
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Cheats

b LET ME KNOW!!! if you are experiencing any problems!!!

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

The part of the API that I am using has 0% documentation, so guesswork has gone in to the mod, so let me know if things are not working correctly.

6 years ago

I ran into a problem where it just... stopped working out of no where. Loaded up my map, stopped working. Not sure how to reproduce it, I'm using a lot of bob's mods though, not sure if that would cause an issue with it. When I start a new game it's working again.

6 years ago

I ran into a problem where it just... stopped working out of no where. Loaded up my map, stopped working. Not sure how to reproduce it, I'm using a lot of bob's mods though, not sure if that would cause an issue with it. When I start a new game it's working again.

• Let me know if you can reproduce it. I use Angels + Bobs myself running base 0.15.36 and I have not seen the issue.
6 years ago

Same issue here. Mod stops working during a Bobs-Mod Game and the only way to get it to work again is restarting the map. The mod worked fine until I accidentally hit a button for the debug mode and since I didn't know how to leave it I restarted the game. After continuing my game the mod stopped working.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

For me it stopped working with the 0.16.24 update (also valid for 0.16.25).
When reverting back to 0.16.23 it works again (with the same Angels + Bobs map).
When I start a new game with 0.16.25 is also works (with same set of mods).

Edit: I looks like some other mod is resetting the change, I could not (to lazy) find out which mode though, so I updated the module a bit to apply the changes when the configuration is change (easy to trigger, to fix when needed)

4 years ago

Hi, when I play a game with this mod activated and then during playthrough, add the bob's logistic mod, this mod stops working. I'm not sure if it's this mod or the bob's one which is at fault but I just wanted to say.

4 years ago

Recently also had the same thing happen after adding a few mods, using the seablock pack. Added WhatIsItReallyUsedFor and Miniloader, now on that save you cant reach things far, but after removing the 2 mods, I went onto a backup save and I could longreach there?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Long and Far Reach version 1.18.0 doesn't seem to work with FNEI version 0.3.0 (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FNEI) running on version 0.18.14 of Factorio. If I disable FNEI this mod starts working again.

EDIT: It seems like updating any of my mods (e.g Krastorio 2 from 0.9.6 to 0.9.8) makes this mod stop working.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

same issue here, i just updated something and it stops working.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The issue with reach getting reset is because Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates calls reset_technology_effects on each force whenever the configuration changes. Other mods probably call that as well. What this mod (and other long reach mods that all have the same issue) needs to do is register a handler for the on_technology_effects_reset event to reapply the bonuses if it was the player force that was reset.

3 years ago

Hi
I have uploaded a new version that allows you to set the values in the mod setting. :)

Enjoy.

3 years ago

I can't edit entities from map view as stated in the mod description.

2 years ago

I have a AngelBob map that was working until a recent update. I disabled this mod, reenabled, but then in the Mod Settings changed the bonus from 1000 to 500. It started working and I was able to reset it to max.

2 years ago

I have a AngelBob map that was working until a recent update. I disabled this mod, reenabled, but then in the Mod Settings changed the bonus from 1000 to 500. It started working and I was able to reset it to max.

2 years ago

The Mod is no longer working starting with 1.1.37 (1.1.36 is ok) So do all other long or far reach mods i tested, so it seems like an general issue.

maybe you could have a look!

2 years ago

Hey you fine gentlemen! i was wondering if you could help me with something!
It seems like the mod Stops working in my savefile game every time the game updates or i install a new mod

Please help? I beg you!

New response