You can interact with most entities in the game far away. You can even use the map and zoom in and interact this way, as long as there is radar coverage.
Factorio game limitation:
- You can not tear down entities when interacting using the overview map and zooming in.
- The max "reach" range of the game can not be extended, so currently, there is no way to go beyond the 1000 reach bonus, which mean that you will eventually reach the maximum reach limit in mega factories.
It changes the following modifiers allowing you to reach as far as possible in the game without having to run around:
Build distance: 1000
Reach distance: 1000
Resource reach distance: 1000
Item drop distance: 1000
Fixed the problems in existing long reach mods by Mooncat and jamesaguilar (and probably others). I will remove when the other authors maintain their mods.
- Upgraded to support factorio base 1.1
- Upgraded to support factorio base 1.0
- Cleaned up the code in preparation to putting it on GitHub
- The bonuses can now be set under mod setting
- Updated to work with 0.18+
- Added thumbnail.png to mod package
- Updated to work with 0.17+
- Change versioning schema
- Fixed migration issue on existing games when upgrading the mod to newest version. You might have to restart a game for the mod to take effect.
- Fixed issue where the pickup distance on items on the ground was too long, causing major game lag. The item pickup distance bonus for items on the ground is now the default 0.
- Initial release