Super Logistics

Allows combining some entities into a more powerful super entity to save space. Combine x amount of entities to create one entity that is x times more powerful.

Content
3 years ago
Logistics

b Storage Tank Error (Solution Inside)

3 years ago

The Super Storage Tank is not 5x compression in its storage capacity. This is because at line 707 in entity.lua you called on "fluid_box.fluid_box" rather than the correct "fluid_box.base_area". Simple typo and I don't know why the game doesn't get angry about it like it usually does. I fixed it on my end when I noticed the error in regular play, enjoying the mod otherwise. The modified line reads in full "sst.fluid_box.base_area = 250 * ssta" for me and it is working.

Also, any plans to have super pipes? The pipes will (somewhat) limit the other super logistics, a good example being filling a super storage tank from a super offshore pump taking far longer than an offshore pump filling a storage tank with one pipe in between them to connect them together. The pipe will be too small and cause the pump to work at a rate equal to the inverse of the storage tank capacity percentage - that is to say, at half full the pump works at half speed, at 90% full the pump works at -90% speed aka 10% speed, at 99.9% capacity it works at 0.1% speed. This would likely be remedied by having a super pipe and super pipe to ground, as directly connecting a super offshore pump to a super storage tank works as you intended.

3 years ago

Good catch. I did fix it shortly after I put out the initial release, must have missed it before hand. Adding super pipes and pipe to grounds. This is my first mod, and the fluid box concept was a little hard to understand. Thanks :)

New response