steinio's unlasting oil

by steinio

Crude oil patches vanish if depleted. Also supports Angel's, Bob's, MadClown's and Pyanodon*s gases and liquids.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Fluids

g Oil vs Gas in Angel

3 years ago

Hi,
I'm using BoB's and Angel's modpack and RSO.
With the given settings my starting oil patch is 12M while the gas pach is 980K (map view numbes)
Taking a closer look one pach of oil contains 3,946,479 oil and one gas patch has 39135 (tooltip numbers)(comment! Thats a 100 times difference). Placing a pump the oil shows expected resources 39M (thats on one patch out of for.) and the gas says 777k. (one patch out of 2)
Pumping from both of them for ine minute yealeded 7000k gas and 3500 oil.
The patches after the pump test are 3,946,231 and 38,887 repectively.
This shows that both patches quality reduced by 248 each. I'm guessing that was the number of cycles.
So here are my questions:
1) why is the gas patch 10 times smaller(on the pump tooltip and on the map view tooltip)? Also the gas patch numbers are 100 times smaller. 3,9M vs 38K on the patch tooltip without pumps
2) why is the gas patch number goes from 38K to 777K (bare tooltip vs pumpjack tooltip, thats a 20 times differecnce, how?)
2) What is the correct number in terms of actual resources available? The bare (4M) or what the pumpjack shows (40M) (bare oil patch and pumpjak tooltip)?
3) why do I get double the amount of gas from the same number of cycles with the same tier pumpjack?
4) After 1 minute both pacthes reduced by 248, this means the oil patch will probably last 10 times longer then the gas and frankly the oil seems infinte with this number. The raw patch number (39M) reduced by 248 in 1 minute would mean the patch alone would last for 265 hours with a Tier4 pumpjack. Which is probably longer then the game will last, but definetly not a starting area amount should be.

So, is there a mod incompatibility or am I doing something wrong?

New response