Spidertron Tiers

by Zangeti

Adds 13 new unique Spidertrons! Wether high firepower, early game, speed, inventory size or fog war reveal, there is something for everyone.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g Incompatible Equipment

2 years ago

Can you add an option to turn off the equipment restrictions? I was playing with mods and I could not equip some of the added pieces of weapons and equipment.

2 years ago

Could you tell me which mods and which pieces in particular?

2 years ago

I noticed it with Krastorio but didn't do any testing with other mods.

I think it is if the equipment is a modified version of a vanilla piece vs a new/extended piece.

Some stuff that works (portable fusion reactor, shield mk1/2, personal sniper laser defense mk1)

Some stuff that does not work (small portable generator, shield mk3/4, personal sniper laser mk3-4, personal submachine laser mk1-4)

I did a test with the spidertron_mk3, went into prototypes/spidertron_mk3/equipment_grid and changed equipment_categories = {"armor"} to equipment_categories = { "armor", "universal-equipment", "robot-interaction-equipment" } and I was able to equip a few test pieces (that were un equipable before) and they worked.

2 years ago

I can confirm, most of the vehicle equipment from Krastorio 2 does not seem to be compatible, was hoping for a fix.

2 years ago

I noticed it with Krastorio but didn't do any testing with other mods.

I think it is if the equipment is a modified version of a vanilla piece vs a new/extended piece.

Some stuff that works (portable fusion reactor, shield mk1/2, personal sniper laser defense mk1)

Some stuff that does not work (small portable generator, shield mk3/4, personal sniper laser mk3-4, personal submachine laser mk1-4)

I did a test with the spidertron_mk3, went into prototypes/spidertron_mk3/equipment_grid and changed equipment_categories = {"armor"} to equipment_categories = { "armor", "universal-equipment", "robot-interaction-equipment" } and I was able to equip a few test pieces (that were un equipable before) and they worked.

Also add "vehicle-motor" If you want to use electric engines

2 years ago

I've added this mod here that adds more compatibility with Krastorio 2. If something is missing feel free to open an issue there, happy to add more :)
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Spidertrontiers-Krastorio-Compat

1 year, 11 months ago

I still had issue in Krastorio2 that I could not put equipment intended for spidertron into spidertrons of this mod. I have made this mod compatible with any mod that changes equipment categories for spidertron in https://mods.factorio.com/mod/spidertrontiers-community-updates

New response