The Spice Rack
The Spice Rack is intended to spice up the vanilla game by changing some well chosen details. Most changes can be disabled individually.
The Spice Rack - Turret Inspector
The ammo levels of gun turrets are getting inspected:
- If ammo is low a grey warning is shown on map.
- If ammo is almost empty a yellow warning is shown on map.
- If ammo is empty a red warning is shown on map.
Warnings for newly placed turrets are delayed by 20 seconds.
Warnings for turrets never appear, if they contain exactly the automatic ammo count loaded by an inserter (10 for regular turret)
There are some command line commands:
- /spice_rack_active_turrets - displays a technical overview over turret data
- /spice_rack_rebuild_turrets - rebuild turrets lists
- Show turrets warnings - If disabled, no warnings are shown at all for current player
- Low ammo indicator - If ammo is below this, the turret is marked grey
- Almost empty indicator - If ammo is below this, the turret is marked yellow
The mod keeps track over all placed turrets and investigates the inventory.
To ensure performance, the turrets are handled not all at once, but they are distributed over a timespan of ~10 sec. When a turret is added, it is assigned to an alternating slot. One slot is handled each interval of 26 ticks. The amount of slots is the prime value: 23. 26*23 ticks -> 598 ticks ~10 sec.