Sosciencity [WIP]

Factorio: Skylines. Adds citizens to the game. Attract various castes to your city in order to progress the game.

Overhaul
6 months ago
Manufacturing

g code permissions

11 days ago
(updated 10 days ago)

Hey i love the look of this mod its the best thing i can use for a colonization style game, was just wondering if I or anyone else would be allowed to recode/modify the code of this mod for small to large changes (personally i wont upload. if i managed to make a version of this that i found better in my opinion id just give to you to upload after testing and such)

Thank you!

Edit: i should mention the main things im wanting to change/add for this is extra compatability with angels mods, namely processing glass so both mods use 1 type of glass, and purified water so both mods use the same purified water. There may potentially be some stuff from Angels Bioprocessing that can be used as food however i am yet to check. again thank you for this awesome mod

9 days ago

Heya. I would be happy to include code redos/modifications. Especially when it comes to better compatibility to the other big mods.
Just make a pull request to the mod's github repository and I will look into it and likely include it in the next release.

I tried to code the datastage part of the mod in a way that makes integration with other mods somewhat easier. But the main problem is that I'm not playing the game too much anymore - so I simply don't know what needs to be done. E.g. what items need to be de-dublicated when specific mods are present. That's why the compatibility part of the mod isn't very developed. And I would be happy to get some help from people who know a lot about specific mods.

8 days ago
(updated 6 days ago)

Heyo, made the pull request but ill also put my change log here (there is a txt file (that has additional ideas for/from me) and a few --comments to say what i did as well but it helps)

Change log for unofficial 0.1.11.1

better integration with angels/bobs, glass recipe
integration framework for angelspetrochem purified water and sosciencity clean water
neatened up the integration section splitting files into different mods (should still work)
additional setting to disable need for notes etc for science crafting (SHOULD ONLY BE USED IF FACTORY IS HUGE DUE TO MODPACKS)

Edit: github is messing with me, will re-try and get it working eventually
Edit 2: github still being annoying and i cannot submit a pull request cause whenever i try replace the current files on my fork -> branch, with the modified files it just adds the modified files into the file set, until i can get someone to help me or such i cant do much.. code was easy enough at least

Edit 3: (long)
I managed to submit a pull request however the files seem to be messed with by GitHub, i left instructions but sorry in advance if they are hard to read, blunt or rude, while typing them i was fuming at GitHub. In the future i may upload a full mod zip (labeled correctly and with instructions) so you can compare the changes yourself and avoid GitHub errors.

despite that I still want to do more coding namely compacting and content additions, for this i do want to ask if you want the mod to go in a more silly or a more serious direction (namely with population reproduction/beginning reproduction) as I am happy to change a lot of the naming, descriptions and icons for currently implemented items (legal rights for everything of course).

either way hope you can work out my pull request and that the code for it works correctly, and I hope you have an amazing day

New response