Resource Map Markers

Automatically mark resources on the map.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

i [FIXED] Prevent restoring manually deleted markers

3 years ago

I have deleted a few markers around my base. After I reload the game, the markers are restored. Can you please place markers only on chunk initial generation?

3 years ago

Does this happen every time or only when you've update mods and/or the base game? This mod automatically regenerates markers when mods change because you might have added new ores or changed some settings that might affect the markers. I suppose that doesn't happen very often though, and you can always use the command /resource-map-markers mark to regenerate them manually. I'll look into changing that.

3 years ago

I started a new game yesterday, removed few markers, and loaded the game today without changing mod list, but having few mods updated, yes.

3 years ago

Fixed in v0.3.2

3 years ago

tyvm

3 years ago

After few days playing, I can say that some manually deleted markers still return after loading the save. Could this happen when an exhausting ore site is split into two?

3 years ago

Hmm yeah that's possible. I think it might happen if the size of the ore patch changes at all, and then you load the game after updating/change mods or the base game version. If that's still annoying I could look into fixing that, but it might be more difficult.

An alternative idea that might solve your problem: what if there was an option to automatically hide icons for patches that have entities built on/near them? Would that do what you want? Are you manually clearing tags on patches you already have miners on?

3 years ago

You might want to look at the code of Resource Map Label Marker. It does not have this problem (although it did have before, to be fair). I believe, it does not track markers, it only creates them once, on chunk creation.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

/deleted, wrong topic/

New response