Someone's LUA-Console

Run lua commands without losing achievements. Now remembers input-script. "game.player" works. By default opens with CONTROL + RIGHTBRACKET. Execute last input-script with CONTROL + ENTER.

Utilities
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Cheats

i History and/or "standard helpers" support?

4 years ago

Hey. I find a handful of helpers quite useful when I'm poking at stuff with this console. Which it is amazing for, btw.
For example, a p function to combine game printing, serpent object dumps, etc, so I can quickly and easily dump stuff to the console for debugging or introspection.

It'd be wonderful, since the set will change over time, if I could have either:
1. some pre-written lua injected into the same scope as my input, so it evaluates prior to it, or
2. some access to history - even just having a "close then open" cycle retain the same content.

Ideally I'd like the interactions to be that I write some pro-forma when I have a common pattern, and then use it repeatedly in the console. I'm pretty sure the ideal would be a chunk of code that lives in scope, but anything would be fine as long as it was faster than "write code in external editor, copy and paste into your console, hit execute, maybe modify in-game, but remember to copy any changes to helpers back to the editor"

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

history seems pretty easily doable. :)
im not sure about a pre-loaded script, that seems like a path to hard to debug game issues, but ill look into that too.

4 years ago

history solves the problem for me, TBH. I only need to type it once. :)

4 years ago

I am basically waiting for 0.17.stable :/
will do once its stable :P

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

It now remembers the input-script and the remembered input can be executed via keyboard-shortcut. :)

still cannot run anything toooo extensive as lua lacks inspection which would be needed for advanced stuff...

New response