"What mean 'expendable'?"
"It's like when biters invade your base and you don't save the solid fuel storage. It doesn't really matter."
The amount of excess solid fuel has become a nightmare in mid-to-late game. For this reason, I present you various ways to dispose of them, or to make them more useful.
Two new researches are added after oil processing. Finishing them will grant you the ability to take out the trash.
- Burn them in the solid fuel incinerator/smelter.
- Smelt steel in the same incinerator/smelter, with only iron ores and solid fuel.
- Smelt iron, copper and stone in the same device, at accelerated rate.
- Trade solid fuel cubes for early-to-mid game science packs. The exchange rate is atrocious, so it's best used as a supplement instead of a major source.
- Make explosives with them.
- Make grenades with them.
- Stack them into Solid Fuel Stacks, which are designed for easy storage and handling. The stacks can also be split back to 50 blocks when desired. Stacks can also be incinerated. Burning the stack grants 50% or 100% of the fuel blocks (300MJ or 600MJ) depending on the mod setting.
If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'm open to anything. Now it's time to get rid of those pesky black cubes.