Solar Calculator

Adds a solar power calculator able to calculate how much energy your solar plants are providing on average right now. Or calculate how much panels and accumulators you need to provide desired power. Supports modded panels, accumulators, different surfaces(planets and orbits in Space Exploration)

Utilities
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Unknown error.

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

On clicking the shortcut or using the hotkey, I get this fun error:

The mod Solar Calculator (0.3.11) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event solar-calc::kaktusbot-sc-switch-calc-gui-input (ID 240)
solar-calc/control.lua:32: attempt to index local 'main_gui' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
solar-calc/control.lua:32: in function 'switch_gui'
solar-calc/control.lua:178: in function
<solar-calc/control.lua:176>

I have a few mods that add to the GUI, so I will be going through them to see what causes this exact issue, updates will (hopefully) come shortly.

1 year, 5 months ago

That means that on_player_created event wasn't fired or game.players[] didn't contain you while script.on_init was initially run.
I had similar bug for a really long time, I've seen people complain at it on Space Exploration Discord server, even here https://mods.factorio.com/mod/solar-calc/discussion/6251834a9fbedb9839f34008
But I have no idea how it can be happening.
I've started complete rewrite of the mod 6 months ago but dropped it soon, because I didn't like my new UI.
So I will not update my mod anymore until I get it together and finish a rewrite.

New response