Sentient Spiders

Kick that raw fish into overdrive and give spidertrons a little sentience, as a treat. Spidertrons automatically follow their last driver. Idle spidertrons wander around the factory. Stuck spidertrons try to find another path to their destination.

Tweaks
1 year, 12 days ago
Transportation

i I love wandering spiders

7 months ago

This is a great mod. I like that the spiders wander around.

I also have an idea, it maybe a different mod than this, but I was thinking it would be cool to assign a spider a zone to wander in. For example, if I prefer to keep a spidertron on the east side of my factory, another spider on the west side of my factory, etc, etc...I could just use a selection box that grabs the two XY corners of the selection box, and uses those two XY points as its zone coverage to wander in. I could equip these spiders with enough weaponry that if it encountered enemies in its zone, it would obliterate them. Kinda like spidertron patrols (except spidertron patrols have fixed XY paths, and no wandering capability). These wandering spiders can adhere to the rules of staying near player created entities so that they don't wander out into territory not under control. The reason I'd like this is so that I have a nearby spider in case of heavy biter attacks where a spidertron would be useful to clean up and destroy encroaching nests in my pollution cloud.

7 months ago

I am very glad to hear you’re enjoying the mod :) I also like the zone idea you’ve proposed- a sort of bridge between spidertron patrols and this mod. The spiders can still wander around on their own, but within a specified area. I will look into implementation ideas, I think it could be a nice addition or companion mod!

New response