Science Not Invited

by RedRafe

Choose which science packs will be needed to research technologies. The cost of science packs not used will be evenly distributed among the remaining one(s), other game mechanics remain untouched. This mods opens new ways of designing your base, wether you'd like to build a mega base and research infinite tech without the need to build all the science or complete giant overhaul mod packs skipping some science packs.

Tweaks
1 year, 1 month ago
Cheats

g [Solved] SE/K2 Missing Science Packs

1 year, 2 months ago

These science packs are missing the option to disable.

SE- Matter Science Pack 2

K2/SE - Optimization Tech Card

I'm also wondering if higher tier technologies that don't normally use the basic science packs (like those in SE) could have their cost include all available lower/basic science packs instead of just the lowest.

Example: In a K2/SE game with basic, red, green, blue, military and production packs enabled, Factory Spaceship 1 from SE would include the other packs instead of needing 415,881 production science packs only.

1 year, 2 months ago

Hello, thanks for the feedback!

• Matter science 2 and Optimization cards are now been added to the settings to be enabled/disabled.

• Regarding the feature to use lower-tier techs instead of just the lowest one, I'm not so sure. Mainly because there's no easy/fast way to determine, while loading Factorio app, which techs are "lower" or "higher" to one-another unless I iterate all the tech tree and compute separately which depends on which and then compute the "lower tha X" techs... which is a feature that (A) is not universal to all modpacks, but quite specific of some (B) tech packs are not guaranteed to be dependant one another, so extra compatibility will be needed to make the mod work with all other mods, and not only SE

Still, I will take this route into consideration for future features, as I want to improve the cost-allocation logic when some packs are disable. My fav route wouldbe allowing the cost to NOT be re-allocated among other science packs (e.g. if you disable all packs but the starter/"basic" ones for Factory Spaceship 1, you wont need 415.881 production science packs but only 400 science packs (or whatever the cost is).

This thread has been locked.